We recently shared how we're building SLA measurement into Armory Spinnaker and making an application's SLA more actionable -- for example, using the SLA to kill a deployment that would impact a downstream dependency, or introducing the concept of SLA budgets to keep an under-performing application from being deployed once it runs out of SLA budget.
More broadly, we're also exploring ways to provide more business intelligence around deployment-related metrics. Executives, engineering leaders, and teams should be able to easily see metrics like:
- How often is each application being deployed?
- How safely is each application being deployed?
- How many hours are being spent on manual judgements per application?
- How does the organization's overall velocity look, and how does it compare to previous weeks? (And even to the avg. speed of other organizations in your industry?)
- How do applications being deployed with Spinnaker compare to those that aren't?
We're currently pulling these metrics manually, but looking to productize a comprehensive business intelligence suite, and we'd love to hear your feedback on what metrics would be valuable for you. Please take a minute to fill this form out to provide your feedback on what you'd like to see. Each submission will be read and responded to by our product team. Here are some examples of the kinds of metrics we can pull today: