We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity -- which also makes software the highest leverage way to unlock enterprise value for companies.
The Armory Platform automates software delivery, enabling software teams to ship better software, faster. At the Core is the minimum set of developer tooling a company needs to achieve "Stage 3" -- Continuous Delivery of software. Powering the Core is our enterprise ditribution of Spinnaker, the continuous delivery platform that codifies the software delivery best practices that put Netflix and Google a decade ahead of most other companies.
However, every company has a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) that spans from "idea," through "feature is in production generating revenue," which encompasses much more than just the actual continuous delivery of software.
Armory's Platform helps companies understand and optimize their entire SDLC to help them ship better software, faster.
Here's a 35 minute video that provides an in-depth overview of the problem we're solving, and how:
Armory optimizes every part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), enabling sophisticated multi-cloud deployment strategies that leverage advanced features like:
- 1-click rollbacks
- Automated canaries
- Pipeline templates
- Automated load testing
- SLA-driven rollouts/rollbacks
- Blue/green deployments
- Chaos engineering, and
- 1-click app creation
This enables developers to be more productive, and organizations to deploy up to 600x more frequently. Code is released to users faster, allowing the business to innovate faster.
As enterprises break monoliths into microservices, containerize their workloads and deploy to public, private, hybrid & multi-cloud environments, they'll need Armory's cloud-native software delivery platform to achieve these goals.
Companies looking to make software a core competency typically move through five stages of software evolution:
Implementing DevOps is a massive sea change for organizations and requires an alignment of People, Process, and Technology — and importantly, a strong alignment on the leadership team.
Armory helps companies get to Stage 5. We are building a software delivery platform that helps software teams ship better software, faster.
Here's our long-term Platform vision
- The Open Core layer provides the software delivery tooling a company needs to get to Stage 3 in our Software Evolution chart. The Core is open-source, and incorporates a suite of best-in-class developer tooling, such as:
- Spinnaker for Continuous Delivery: Spinnaker was created and open-sourced by Netflix and Google. Spinnaker is a multi cloud-native software continuous delivery & infrastructure management tool for deploying safely & continuously to AWS, EKS, GCP, Kubernetes, Azure, OpenStack, DC/OS, Oracle's BMC & others. Importantly, Spinnaker deploys infrastructure, not applications -- aka immutable deployments. 
- Integrations into Jenkins, Travis and Circle CI for Continuous Integration.
- Vault or Cerberus for Secrets
- Consul or similar for Properties Management and Service Discovery
- The Integrate layer connects the developer tooling your company is likely already using today -- services like Github, Jira, Datadog, New Relic, Locust and many others. Integrating this tooling into Armory's Platform enables you to get net new value from the tools you're already using, like our Jira Stage integration into the Core.
- The Understand layer helps software teams, managers and executives get a new level of understanding of what is slowing them down from getting to Stage 5 in our Software Evolution chart. We surface metrics these audiences have always wanted, but never had access to. Things like: Which services and teams have the highest (and lowest) number of deployments and failures? The fastest (and slowest) time to release to production? Where is the most time spent in software delivery cycle? The least (and most) unmerged pull requests? How does a company's velocity compare to its peers by industry?
- The Optimize layer leverages the first three layers in an intelligent and automated manner that helps software teams move faster. Barometer, for example, leverages the insights from integrations with Datadog, New Relic or Elasticsearch to promote or kill the Core's canary deployments in an automated manner.
Here's what we've already built
This features comprise the the first version of our platform on Armory.io today.
This is what we're working on in 1H18:
Additionally in 2018, we are:
- Upgrading our platform for installation in Kubernetes. Please contact us if you'd like to test the alpha.
- Building a fully hosted version of our Platform. Sign up here for early access.
- Building out a full suite of services in the Core and open-sourcing it.
- Many more features & integrations to come in 2H18 on the other three layers!
 Want to learn more about our Core platform layer?
Matt from Armory describes Armory's enterprise distribution of Spinnaker:
The Core of Armory's Platform is powered by Spinnaker, created and open-sourced by Netflix and Google. Spinnaker codifies the best-practices that put them a decade ahead of most other companies. Spinnaker is a multi cloud-native software continuous delivery & infrastructure management platform for deploying safely & continuously to AWS, EKS, GCP, Kubernetes, Azure, OpenStack, DC/OS, Oracle's BMC & others. Importantly, Spinnaker deploys infrastructure, not applications -- aka immutable deployments. Here's a great blog post about how Spinnaker fits into the CD ecosystem.
For those not as familiar w/ immutable infrastructure / lifting & shifting workloads to cloud / breaking monoliths into microservices / service ownership, etc, I highly recommend:
• This free O'Reilly book, Cloud Native Evolution: http://go.Armory.io/Oreilly-Book
• Our "Finding Velocity" blog series for executives: http://go.Armory.io/Finding-Velocity
• Our Manifesto on why software is key to staying competitive in the next decade: http://go.Armory.io/Manifesto
• Why immutable deployments form the cornerstone of a winning cloud-native deployment strategy: http://go.Armory.io/Immutable
Here's a peek into what we're building now:
(You can get feature demos here)