At the recent Spinnaker Summit, we heard from a number of customers interested in Certified Pipelines. We've created a 2.5 minute video to describe this proposed feature, along with a description and some screenshots of the whiteboard below. If you're interested in Certified Pipelines for Spinnaker, let us know below (or email Hello@Armory.io).
Armory's goal is to accelerate enterprise deployment velocity. Certified Pipelines achieve this by eliminating time-consuming "change review" process that takes place at many companies each time application teams deploy changes to applications -- especially when there are compliance requirements involved.
'Certified Pipelines' Features:
- A special type of deployment pipeline in Spinnaker that complies with pre-defined policies, set by an administrator.
- These pipelines would be certified as "CD Approved," meaning deployments to applications using these certified pipelines do not need to be reviewed by a company's Change Control Review Board. This drastically speeds up application teams' ability to deploy changes to their applications.
- Administrators can pre-define policies in an administrative view.
- If an application developer modifies the pipeline, it falls out of certification, and deployments can be blocked for CCRB review.
- Modified pipelines can also kick off a notice to the administrator, who can then re-certify the pipeline as "CD Approved" after a manual review.