We are excited to share a roll-up of features on a bi-weekly basis, with information on features from Experiment to GA. This is our way of taking you on the journey of how an "Idea Becomes a Feature." You can track features as they go from Experiment to Early Release and then to General Availability.
Check out these blog posts for a deeper dive:
Below please find details on features we are building.
What is an Experiment? An experiment is a test version for us to present to you, our users, ideas on how to solve some of your pain points. This is your opportunity to provide us feedback. We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly, so we can create the best feature to solve your problem.
Here are some of the experiments we are running:
- DevOps Insights Prototype - Get a view into how Armory Spinnaker is being used within your organization. See what's failing and where. Gain insights to make smarter decisions on where to focus efforts.
- “Spinnaker: The Home Game” Prototype - Learn the value of Continuous Deployment through a fun game. This provides a micro-simulation of the SDLC, breaking down the tooling in a fun way, to help new users to CI/CD learn more about Spinnaker.
- Telemetry - Send pipeline completion event to a Google endpoint, providing anonymized data for the Spinnaker project. Allows analysis on Spinnaker usage.
What is an early release of a feature? It is a feature that is working and installable, but some functionality is likely to be missing and a number of known and unknown issues are likely to surface. It’s a first version. Please call out anything you can’t live without, and what you’d like to see changed or improved.
We do not currently have any features that are in the early release stage.
What is general availability? This is a feature we have added and fully support in our product offering. Please let us know what is working well, and what you’d like to see expanded, added, or improved.
Here are some of our recent GA features:
- Slack Notifications - Slack notifications keep your team updated. This feature allow you to configure Dinghy to send pipeline update results to Slack.
- Configurable Pipelines - Custom branch configuration is part of our initiative to make incremental improvements to your Pipelines as Code experience. This feature allows you to use a default branch other than master.
We welcome your feedback - let us know what you think! Want to get an early release or need any help configuring these features? Contact us here
Armory's platform exists to help software teams ship better software, faster. If you want to try these or any other Armory features, you can: