We are excited to share a roll-up of features on a bi-weekly basis, with information on features from Experiment to GA. This is our way of taking you on the journey of how an "Idea Becomes a Feature." You can track features as they go from Experiment to Early Release and then to General Availability. Here is a link to the Early Release, Beta, and GA definitions here at Armory.
Check out these blog posts for a deeper dive:
- Dinghy Slack Integration
- Spinnaker Operator Blog Post
- Spinnaker Operator Documentation
- Terraform Integration - New Features
- Policy Engine and Behind the Scenes with Policy Engine
Below please find details on features we are building.
What is an Experiment? An experiment is a test version for us to present to you, our users, ideas on how to solve some of your pain points. This is your opportunity to provide us feedback. We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly, so we can create the best feature to solve your problem.
We are currently working on new experiments. We look forward to sharing more with you next time.
What is an early release of a feature? It is a feature that is working and installable, but some functionality is likely to be missing and a number of known and unknown issues are likely to surface. It’s a first version. Please call out anything you can’t live without, and what you’d like to see changed or improved.
- Account Management API - The Armory Account Management API is an API that allows you to manage accounts through an API instead of manually editing configuration files. This API works by adding a write layer to backends supported by Spring Cloud Config natively, such as Git (or Github, for our purposes).
- Kustomize - Kustomize is a tool that lets you create customized Kubernetes deployments without modifying underlying YAML configuration files. Since the files remain unchanged, others are able to reuse the same files to build their own customizations. Your customizations are stored in a file called kustomization.yaml. If configuration changes are needed, the underlying YAML files and kustomization.yaml can be updated independently of each other.
- GitLab Dinghy integration - You can now use GitLab in addition to GitHub or BitBucket, when setting up your Pipelines as Code (Dinghy).
What is general availability? This is a feature we have added and fully support in our product offering. Please let us know what is working well, and what you’d like to see expanded, added, or improved.
Here are some of our recent GA features:
We welcome your feedback - let us know what you think! Want to get an early release or need any help configuring these features? Contact us here
Armory's platform exists to help software teams ship better software, faster. If you want to try these or any other Armory features, you can: